Monday 20 January 2014

My DOS told me to try and avoid street food for the first few weeks but my house mate said he actually thinks food on the street is safer than food you get in restaurants. He has been rushing to the toilet every five minutes since I arrived and needed to take the day off work with stomach pains though so I'll probably try and stick to restaurants for a while.

As for the job I haven't taught yet, just observing lessons for my induction week. Hopefully that will take some of the sting out of my first day of paid TEFLing. A bloke at the school gave me a lift back on his motorbike after my first day because I didn't know the way back. So far everyone seems to be quite friendly but I haven't seen much of Jakarta yet. Since my flat mate is ill I've been playing a bit of his chipped xbox 360 where all games seem to be 25p. You can order everything delivery here and we tried to order some Macky Ds yesterday but since neither of us has a phone it never arrived. Well, it might have done but neither of us ever found out about it if it did.  

2 comments:

  1. Eee by gum, but it must take you back. Motorbike??!!! Aargh! I think it's a case of BUYING FOOD, WASHING IT IN BOTTLED WATER AND ...er...wait for it ...COOKING IT, but is that a tad subverted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for blogging and for the photos and Good Luck with those handbags. Bob

    ReplyDelete