Sunday 9 February 2014


I'm still nursing the cold from hell so I haven't been up to a lot this week. I've been a bit lazy uploading photos because my phone fell victim to the marble floor the day I arrived so I need to plug in my camera. Above is a rare picture of a green area in Jakarta which was taken at 'Little Indonesia.' Sadly, because Indonesia is a 'developing country,' the mentality seems to be to build anywhere and everywhere and worry about the consequences later. I've yet to have seen anything that resembles a park apart from a little area around Monas and I'm sure that's the reason why it floods every time it rains.
Here's a picture of me at a health spa a few weeks ago when I was strapping and healthy, or at least healthy. It cost less than a pound to get in and you have access to pool tables, a gym and a swimming pool (obviously) for as long as you like. The pool ques had a little ball of leaves on the end instead of a tip. 
This weekend one of the teachers, who is Chinese descent, took me to a performance of the 'Lion Dance' at a local mall. She said it was 'to ward away evil spirits or something for the Chinese new year.' It's the year of the horse which is the year I was born so she said that was a good omen. The dance wasn't the best but contained some impressive athleticism when they walked over high bars with the suit on. It would have been incredible if it was over some spikes or fire but apparently that never happens. It's very good luck to rip one of those beard hairs off and wear it but they don't come easily. I leaped over the barrier at the end of the performance and tried to yank one out but three men lifted me back over before I even got close.


No comments:

Post a Comment